Re: [Question #42726]: Installing ubuntu-eee to recovery partition

stlubuntu is still having a problem:
Byakko wrote:
> Your question #42726 on Ubuntu Eee changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-eee/+question/42726

> Byakko proposed the following answer:
> check here: http://www.netadmintools.com/art403.html
> its an article about how to make one on a zip disc, but you should be able to partition your main HDD and use that instead

Thank you very much for the response and the attempt at a solution.

However, the suggested article is not at all relevant to my question.

The factory default linux eeepc (Xandros) has a feature where during
the boot process, one may hit F9 which brings up a boot menu where
the user may select an option to boot from a pre-configured 1GB recovery
partition which will then restore the eeepc to the factory default
installation
condition (also erasing any changes or customizations.)

My question was about placing the installation (disk) files in this
recovery partition so that if the user hit F9, the restore would be
reinstalling ubuntu-eee instead of Xandros.

At this point the question is now moot for me as I used the entire disk
(default option) for the ubuntu-eee (RC1) installation.

My new question now is how would one boot to ubuntu recovery mode
if needed since no grub boot menu appears at startup?  Would one merely
need to boot from the live CD (or SDHC card or USB as the case may be)?

Again, thanks so much for the response(s).

Robert in St. Louis, stlubuntu.