[Question #45275]: 1000h fsck issues

I have reinstalled 8.04.1 twice already as every time I  run fsck for the root partition /dev/sda5 fsck finds a massive amount of ionode issues...if I repair them the system becomes unusable. If I do not repair the disk issues the system works almost fine.. Is this happening to anyone else?

Also is Jon planning to release an alpha ver based on Ubuntu 8.10 anytime soon? I would not mind to test it.