Re: [Question #39351]: Installation error: 'Could not find kernel image: /ubnkern'

Guido Schlabitz proposed the following answer:
I also got the "could not find kernel" error.  My problem was a
partially downloaded .iso file.  Unetbootin wrote as much as it could
onto the USB stick and created empty files for the missing part of the
ISO.  No error message was displayed until I booted the image on the
stick.

I guess the 12 MB ISO file (instead of the usual 600 something) should
have been a clue, but I rarely have an interrupted download, so I didn't
even think about checking it.

Lesson learned:  Always do an md5sum on critical downloads! :-)

HTH,

Guido.

PS: Out of interest, why didn't Unetbootin report an error?  Sh/Couldn't
it detect partial/corrupted ISOs?