[Question #45537]: No Sound After Suspend or Hibernate

When I suspend or hibernate my eee pc and then resume, sound no longer works.

I notice that when the machine is resuming some text briefly flickers on the screen which says something like

[string of numbers] kbd: activation failed
[string of numbers] aux: activation failed

After resume I can bring the sound back by typing "sudo alsa force-reload"  but it would be nice not to have to do this.

I have an eee pc 900 1Gb ram and 20GB SSD (4+16) and have installed ubuntu eee 8.04.1 gold released a few days back

Thanks for your help
-vinnie