[Question #45644]: mouse pad constantly thinks I clicked when I haven't.

Applications keep launching just because the cursor is on them but I haven't clicked.  The Preferences>Mouse>Accessibility tab has a "Dwell Click" setting that's NOT checked.  I thought it might help if I turned it on and set the threshold high, but when I try to turn it on, a pop up from Mousetweaks tells me "Assistive Technologies" isn't even enabled.  So why?