[Question #45663]: No automatic switch off

Hi!

I've installed ubuntu-eee
from ubuntu-eee-8.04.1.iso on a USB memory stick following directions in

http://www.ubuntu-eee.com/index.php5?title=Get_Ubuntu_Eee

on a eeepc 901 still with Xandros in its internal SSD.

Just to let you know:

1. First tried to use a SD card, could not boot from it, had to use the memory stick as could not
make the machine boot from the SD card.
2. Have to plug the memory stick in the usb connection that is on the left side as you look at the display,
the machine would not use the memory stick for booting if I plug it in the other usb ports
3. The boot is slower than the Xandros boot.
4. The machine does not power off itself when I log out through the software, have to use
the press switch after the OS shuts down.
5. Otherwise, everything else seems to work wonderfully. Thanks a lot.

...and some questions:

1. Would the booting be faster when I install ubuntu-eee on the internal SSD?
2. Is there any way to set up things to save power?

Agus