Re: [Question #45813]: Wireless always on

RWindsor confirmed that the question is solved:
Okay, really weird.  I commented out the lines for modprobe and ifconfig
and now it works perfectly.  Final code was

#!/bin/sh

wlan_control=/proc/acpi/asus/wlan

WLANSTATE=$(cat $wlan_control)

case $WLANSTATE in
          0)
               echo 0 > $wlan_control
               ;;
          1)
               echo 1 > $wlan_control
               ;;
esac

I'm not sure if the wlan/wlan_control does more than turn the device on
and the LED, maybe modprobe it for you, but this seems to work for me.
If this works for anyone else I'd like to hear it.