[Question #46179]: suspend/hibernate not working on 900

I can't get my eeepc 900 (12G version) to suspend or hibernate properly. after installing 8.04, hibernate worked exactly 2 times. then i tried to suspend once and the following happens now:

.) when i suspend, it goes to sleep properly (or so it seems). when i switch back on again, there is some very short disk activity and then the system is frozen with blank screen. only hard reboot helps.

.) when i try to hibernate, it blanks the screen (cursor can be seen, backlight still on) and then freezes up. only hard reboot helps.

 i have the system installed on a 6.8 GB partition of the 8G SSD. there is also a 1.2 GB swap partition on this drive. i also have a 16GB SD card mounted and an XFS filesystem.