Re: [Question #43495]: Persistent install of 8.04.1 on USB thumbdrive?

barbino posted a new comment:
well, it seems like I am still stuck! if I try starting from th USB
stick with ubuntu eee installed thru the usb with the live setup, I just
get a blinking cursor ... if I try to start up my eee without any USB
attached, I get a GRUB error 21 ... so I guess something must be messed
up with the GRUB ... though, I thought, that the GRUB should be
installed only on the USB, not on the harddrive, correct? I guess I am a
total loss right now, most likely, will have to grab an external DVD
player, attach that to the EEE and go for total recovery with XP, unless
there's someone who can come to my aid, which would go well appreciated,
it would probably minimize my hunting for that external usb dvd drive