Re: [Question #43495]: Persistent install of 8.04.1 on USB thumbdrive?

barbino posted a new comment:
well, I can answer that for myself now, I should have and install the
bootloader to the partition on the usb drive with ubuntu on it, with
your workaround, I got at least to the point where I can boot into
ubuntu ... still, is there anyone out there now who can help me getting
rid of the "ghost" that stops my 1000H from booting into XP if there is
no USB attached and I just start up the machine? thanx in advance once
more!