Re: [Question #46466]: Partitioning advice for dual booting with xp

Chris Hancock is still having a problem:
Thanks Syslac.

When I select manual, I do indeed get two ntfs partitions:

/dev/sda1 size 42952Mb, used 5400Mb
/dev/sda2 size 37038Mb, used 3200Mb

so neither is shown as empty, nor as 40Gb (though they're close).  So
I'm not sure which one to use.  On the guided option, it now shows
Windows taking up 5Gb, which would imply that's /dev/sda1.

Perhaps I should try the guided again.  But how should I split it?  Do I
leave Windows at 5Gb, or should I give it some more.  When I split it
50% each before, I got the error.  With a bit more guidance from you
guys, I'll try it again and make a note of the error (if I still get
one).

Thanks in advance,

Chris