[Question #46510]: 901 enters suspend or stand by constantly

The 901 and 1000 series Eee PCs have Intel Atom Processors.  I don't believe Ubuntu-Eee's ACPI support is quite up to par yet.  The only way I can keep my 901 from entering "Stand By" every 30 seconds when on battery power is to enter BIOS and disable Intel Speed Step in the CPU settings.  With Speed Step disabled, however, Ubuntu-Eee runs like a dream.  Is this something that can be fixed in the next release or is the Intel ACPI support software to complicated to replicate?   The second part of that is not intended as a smart-@$$ question as I know I couldn't do it.   I would prefer to enable Speed Step in BIOS and have the Eee run longer on battery power and cooler on AC power and I hate work-arounds.

Thank you.