[Question #46552]: multiple desktops ubuntu eee

Hey, I am trying to get normal desktop mode instaed of the netbook-remix. All I have done is disabled maximus and ume-launcher from sessions' startup. Is this all i have to do or do i have to do something else too?

I cannot also get multiple desktops to work. I have added the applet to the menu bar but it wont switch like it should. Please can someone give me some advice....

Thanks in advance.