Re: [Question #44829]: WEP and wifi status/LED on 701 running Ubuntu EEE 8.04.01

jaimemcc posted a new comment:
I found a post on the eeeuser forum saying that there are two shells
(/etc/acpi/eeepc-wireless-toggle.sh and /etc/acpi/eee-wifi-on-off.sh)
that conflict with each other and are there to do the same thing.
Deleting either of these files (or disabling by editing and commenting
out the action lines) can resolve the problem.

I deleted the second and it worked for me.

Here is the link to the forum
http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=387608

Thanks to anders9ustafsson who supplied it.

I hope this helps some of you.