Re: [Question #46718]: How to use 32gb ssd? (Eee PC 1000)

PJO proposed the following answer:
confirmed:

editing fstab to end

/dev/sdb1 /home ext3 nodev,nosuid 0 2

solved the problem. sdb1 is now mounted and the /home directory is found
and I can log in ok.

The old HOME directory didn't survive; I don't know why.

I don't understand the mount options nodev,nosuid

I got them here http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/01/29/move-home-to-its-
own-partition/

So.. here's the correct procedure

1. sudo su (obtain root priv)
2. mv /home /home.bak
3. mkdir /home
4. mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb1 /home
5. cp -a /home.bak/* /home
6. add "/dev/sdb1 /home ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 2" to /etc/fstab

The original procedure said to do the above at the failsafe prompt,
which I didn't do at first. I'm not sure what difference this makes.

It would be good if an "expert" could comment on this!