Re: [Question #46789]: wcstatusd taking up 25% cpu all the time, what is it?, and can I disable it?

Tim. confirmed that the question is solved:
I have no idea what was causing this, but I did another fresh install
and am no longer experiencing this issue.  The only thing I changes was:
created a swap partition, and the root partition uses ext2 rather than
ext3.  Perhaps totally unrelated, but thought I'd document it in case
this ever comes up again.