Re: [Question #46718]: How to use 32gb ssd? (Eee PC 1000)

PJO proposed the following answer:
That looks good to me. / is on sda1 and /home is on sdb1. My sdb1 shows
/dev/sdb1 31024832. Yours is a bit smaller, no idea why, but it's not
enough to worry about I think.

All your files will be on your sdb1 automatically (in or below your home
directory). Look at your desktop with Nautilus and enter Control-H.
You'll see a lot of hidden files, including all the software you
installed (Control-H toggles display of hidden files).

My unit suspends ok but gives an error when it wakes, which I ignore. I
think it won't hibernate. As far as I remember I tried and it failed and
I'm just waiting now for Ubuntu 8.10 to come out (am running the beta on
an old laptop, just to have a look see). It will include many of the
patches that were added to Ubuntu-eee and it's possible that a modified
kernel won't be needed.

And since your data lives on a separate drive now you try any distro and
then revert to the original at any time with no need to reinstall
applications software or data. Still a good idea to run backups though.
If you haven't looked at sbackup that's the next thing do do after
getting /home on sdb1 -- in my book anyway!