Re: [Question #46665]: HUAWEI HSDPA USB Modem

egon.geerardyn@xxxxxxxxx proposed the following answer:
Execute the following form a shell or run dialog box:
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

paste those two lines at the end of the file:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/network-manager/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/network-manager/ubuntu hardy main

save and close.Finally fire up synaptic, click reload and install
network-manager (although, I think it should just appear as an update
automatically).

And please, don' t be grumpy for being a newbie at Linux; with such an
attitude, your life will be more pleasant using Windows, trust me. Linux
is still in a stage where the user will need to do a little bit of own
research to get non-standard things to work. If you really want to use
Linux, which I certainly encourage, do a bit of research how Ubuntu
works ( http://ubuntuguide.org is a good starting place ).