[Question #47219]: EEE 4G 701: Wireless networks seen but cannot connect

Hey!

I have an Asus eee 4G 701 and installed the latest ubuntu eee version (8.04.1) suggested on [1]. The network admin correctly shows the available wireless networks. When clicking on an encrypted network I am requested for an passphrase. If it is unencrypted there is no such request. That's why I think that it correctly recognises the encryption type.
But something has to be wrong with the connection. After connecting through network admin without errors I cannot surf and a iwconfig shows that there has been no essid assigned.

Can anybody help me please?

1. http://www.ubuntu-eee.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Get_Ubuntu_Eee