[Question #47396]: errno5 installation to HD from USB

I am trying to install Ubuntu EEEpc 8.04.1 from my USB to my hard drive so that I dont have to use the USB stick,  During the registration process I keep getting an error message saying

The Installer encountered an error copying files to the hard disk [errno5] input / output error

I am totally new to ubuntu and would really appreciate an idiots step by step guide to resolving this please (I have no idea how to input code etc)

Many thanks

Regs

Richard