Re: [Question #45810]: does eeeUbuntu work on the eeepc1000 with atom?

GJT is still having a problem:

Hi!
thanks for the tip.  I want the correct drivers, but I am not as enthusiastic about the menu that stays live all the time- that is what I got when I ran the live cd for a while.

 I am thinking of installing it, then changing GUI's as the one I saw is
all cluttered up.  A more conventional gnome or Xfce4 gui would appeal
to me more, though I certainly want it not to hang up on WIFi!  I bought
the Windows XP machine to get the 160GB hd and the 6 battery .

XP is not as bad as Vista, though!