Re: [Question #47823]: Using KPPP with Sprint Sierra compass 597 on Ubuntu eee

Ken Jannot gave more information on the question:
A new development:

I followed this one suggestion in the Ubuntu thread: #7112: KPP: Non-
root Users cannot get internet access: (
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/7112 )

"OK, here another clue :

sudo chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd

According to some Howtos, that should do the trick ;)

Regards,
Benoît"

Once I did this, the new KPPP successfully connected!
BUT--Firefox does not seem to be able to connect to the internet using that modem.

Do I need to adjust some settings in Firefox to be able to do that? Or,
are there some other things in that above thread that I should try?