Re: [Question #47989]: Volume control and video not working

Dennis McGuire gave more information on the question:
Well thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply, but no, it didn't help very much. Still no control over sound, still not able to play any embedded video. No iPlayer for TV or radio. Then I found the camera didn't work - no Skype video (I managed to enable this in the Setup screens, but how can this distro be said to be "customised for the eeepc" when even this sort of basic thing isn't sorted?
I appreciate of course that Linux offerings are free, and I always admired the philosophy from a distance, but in this instance it's absolutely the case that you get what you pay for...
Thanks for trying, anyway.