Re: [Question #48939]: ubuntu eee 8.04.1 and 900

richard_h requested for more information:
OK, thanks. Are you sure you did nothing else?

Well, here's what I have tried so far, and none of it has worked. For
all of this I am using an XP Pro desktop machine and a 1GB USB stick (it
seems to only use 600MB or so) which I clean and reformat (tried both
FAT and FAT32).each time.

I have downloaded the ISO 3 separate ways (torrent, direct and via the
custom unetbootin), and have checked the MD5 of each one to be correct.

I have used both the custom UNetbootin and (for the independently
downloaded ISOs) the latest version from their site.

With the latest Unetbootin I get a barely legible boot menu, When I
choose any option it displays the logo for a short while, then goes to
the message given in the original question above. If I choose "Check
CD..." from the boot menu, what for the initramfs> prompt and type exit,
ist seems to carry on the check, and at the end tells me there are
errors in 2 files. I cannot get it to boot "live" this way.

If I use the supplied custom Unetbootin, I get a nice clear boot menu.
It will boot "live" from here just fine. If I choose "Check CD..." from
the boot menu though, it runs the check with the logo all the way
through, but *still* tells me there are errors in 2 files. If I try to
install anyway (hey, it *ran* OK) it gets so far, gives me an
"input/output" error and quits.

I was put off EEEbuntu by their installation instructions being several
pages long, but so far I have spent 2 days trying to get Ubuntu EEE on
my machine, and all I have succeded in doing is deleting my original
parititions, rendering it an expensive paperweight.

PLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE can someone in the know actually help???????