Re: [Question #49646]: WIFI & WebCam on eee901 not functional

pru1977 confirmed that the question is solved:
hi again,

so I got everything working now on my eeePc 901. *yesyesyesyes* Although
I'm not entirely sure what it was at the end. What have I done. After
reading some of the questions and answers here I have installed all
updates (split up in two runs) from the already setup repo
"http://www.array.org/ubuntu hardy eeepc". After that the FN functions
and the top row keys are working fine. Webcam and Bluetooth are working
after having them enabled in the Bios. Nevertheless the WIFI was not
working yet. I have installed the WICD network manager and replaced the
default network manager. Still I had the same problem, the WIFI hardware
was recognized but I didn't get any IP from the router with the WEP
encryption active. So I tried to deactivate the WEP encryption in the
router and suddenly the WIFI was working. Ok so far so good, but having
no encryption at all is not my favorite option. I tried the WPA
encryption and it still worked. I have no idea why the WIFI is working
with WPA encryption but not with a WEP. But so far thats fine for me.
Now I can really enjoy this very nice linux distribution!!!

br
Peter