[Question #49847]: Can I put 2.6.27-7 kernel in a ubuntu-eee hardy distribution?

I have the ubuntu hardy distribution in my asus eee 901. Due to several problems with suspension, I want to upgrade my kernel (2.6.22) with a new stable kernel of the ubuntu intrepid distribution (2.6.27-7). My question is: will I expect problems with the new kernel if I only upgrade the kernel without upgrading all the distribution? Has somebody tested it?

Thanks,

Arnau.