Re: [Question #49375]: Wireless on 1000?

iain_m is still having a problem:
Hi, thanks for the tip. I had been typing desktop (lower case), so that
explains it!

Unfortunately I did then have a problem with running the "tar xfvz
Intrepid_ACPI_scripts-EeePC_900A_901_1000.tar.gz" command. The file
extension is .rar not .tar.gz so at first I got a message that the file
couldn't be found.

I tried various permutations, including renaming the file, but couldn't
get it to unzip ("not a supported archive type").

In the end I moved the RAR file to a Windows PC (boo!) and unzipped it
with WinRar.

I then followed the rest of the instructions. Although the wireless had
initially worked after installing the 1.8 driver as you suggested -- and
indeed had continued to work after a reboot -- when I then rebooted
again after completing the instructions, wireless support was gone.

There is now no 'enable wireless' option in the uppermost taskbar. In
the networks configuration dialogue I can still configure the wireless
connection but doing so has no effect. :-/