[Question #50632]: Eee PC 900A - Wifi?

Hey everyone. First off, great job on this version... there are a lot of things I like about it. One thing I'm having a problem with is connecting to the internet via a wireless connection. Now, I'm not horribly skilled with Ubuntu (still learning.... been on windows forever xD)... but I've tried a few things and I can't seem to get any of the other suggestions here to work.

I've tried using the default network manager: It cannot find any wireless connection and only point to point and wired show up... I cannot find any other way too make it show up.

I've tried installing madwifi - everywhere I tried -- the version is out of date, build-essential won't work, and I'm not comfortable with the use of tar balls or compiling source.

Tried wicd and it couldn't find it either. Then when I updated Ubuntu Eee, it somehow was removed.

I'm currently using a wired line, so that isn't a problem... But I'd really like to get it working in a reasonable way. If there are some odd steps such as compiling something, please be specific so I don't get lost... I'm a 'noob', hah. Thanks