[Question #51357]: a program running in wine crashes when mid tries to resize the window to fit eeepc screen

I am running ubuntu eee 8.04 on a eeepc 701.
I have Cisco's Packet Tracer 5 installed in wine.
The installation went flawlessly, but every time I run the program it crashes.
I can see it launch successfully, but the problem comes when something in either ubuntu or mid tries to resize the program window.
It resizes two or three times and then the program crashes.
I am wondering if there is any way I can exempt the program from being resized at all; just let it launch at whatever size it wants to and make it fit to the screen manually.
I think it has something to do with the window manager in either ubuntu or mid, because I had the same setup running successfully in eeexubuntu. I unfortunately do not know much about what window managers do to the programs that run, but this is what I can see happening.