[Question #51526]: Elantech touchpad on asus 1000h and ubuntu-eee

Description changed to:
I'm using ubuntu-eee hardy, but i've tried the following on hardy-
proposed as well and the results are the same. I have an asus 1000h with
Elantech touchpad. I did follow the guide at
http://www.array.org/ubuntu/elantech.html to enable the elantech driver;
everything works fine during the configuration steps, but just after the
next reboot and login the touchpad is frozen. Buttons work, but
moovements are completely not recognized. When i try to open gsynaptics
interface, the touchpad sensitivity is set to 0, and i can't modify it
(i can, but it doesn't save changes, so when i reopen it, sensitivity is
set on 0 again). Finally, if i comment again the "psmouse elantech=1"
line in /etc/modprobe.d/eeepc elantech support is disabled and touchpad
works as any common mouse (except for vertical two-finger scrolling and
three-finger tap ---> right mouse button click, that worked since i
installed ubuntu-eee). However, disabling "psmouse elantech=1" also
makes the touchpad to be recognized as a "Logitech Wheel mouse".

Thanks