[Question #51828]: How can I save more power

Ubuntu intrepid works fine on my eee 901, but I miss some things that Xandros did better...

How can I save more power?
Ubuntu drains the batteries in nearly half the time it took Xandros to do it.
(I still prefer Ubuntu because is more flexible, basically I know where to get all the software I need for it.)

About the power consumption, I tried powertop but it only gives me 2 advices:

- One is regarding usb suspend mode and there seems to be an error (or I just can't fix it with powertop's provided suggestion).

- The other is to switch off bluetooth, but I'd rather prefer to be able to control it with a key, instead of having to type some command at a terminal.

And... Are there any more ways to save energy?
Is there a web or something for it? (focused in eees with ubuntu?)

Thanks