[Question #53070]: Multiple errors after startup.

Now when I start up my 901 with 8.04 eee I get multiple errors for things like nautilus, update manager, firefox, and the like all poping up as soon as I log in, when I ask for details they all give the following...

GConf error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-zackdraper/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: Input/output error 2: IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-zackdraper/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: Input/output error)

Plus, my desktop is limited, the top-bar is gone, and no background.  Presumably from this failing config.

Im reading more on gconfd, but haven't extracted an answer for my problem yet. Im hoping some of you have had a similar problem and fixed it, any advice?