Re: [Question #53170]: No wireless after install 1000h

lightspeed500 posted a new comment:
I am new to Ubuntu and just installed 8.10 and is the second OS. Ubutu
dose not detect a working connection. This is on a Dell laptop Inspiron
2200. Fooling around I did find it fonund the wireless card as Broadcom
BCM4318 [AirForce One] 802.11g Wireless Controller (Rev 02).. I tryed
Installing My Netgear wireless USB, but an error can not read AutoRun..
Tryed to install Network Magic from a USB Flash to use the repair
utillity, I managed to get the Program on the desktop but will not
install or autorun. I did install Ubuntu 8.10 on my sisters laptop, did
not detect a wireless connection, but I was able to install my netgear
from the CD and use the internet through my USB device. Any sudjestions
why I can't install programs on this laptop, CD, USB,or even from the
desktop? Also any Ideas about my wireless would be appresiated. Also new
to this Forum, hope I did this right!