Re: [Question #51632]: Install an acer aspire one?

TuxfarmHH proposed the following answer:
Hello

just got my 110X but i dont know.

http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogra/mobile/

This all is based on a full ubuntu and not xfce or fluxbox for getting
it lighter. My 110X comes up in 15sec with linpus. Full ubuntu with
netbook-remix takes up till 5min on my fat pc with fast sata and
dualcore. If you give it a try, please post the results somewhere.

Take a look at open bug 110636 and duplicates, it harm several computers
with ssd and slow them down. The A110X ssd can read 60mb/s and write
20mb/s, with this bug it read half speed. Together with the bigger
ubuntu the A110X will be really slow.

Bye
Eric