[Question #53516]: What if 4GB SSD root disk (SDA2) is full?

Hi guys,

I'm using Ubuntu eee for quite a while now already and I'm pretty happy with it.
I just wondered as all additional programs I install via synaptic is installed on the
small 4GB SSD. At the moment I have about 10% left. As far as I know is Linux
quite sensitive if it runs out of memory, so what happens really if the disk is full?
Is there a way to install programs in /home ?

Thanks,
Peter