[Question #53677]: 1000HA wirreless

I am unable to get wireless functionality on my 1000HA.  I installed Ubuntu eee 8.04.01 and did all the recent updates, but the wifi does not seem to work. When I right click the connections icon I can see a checkbox for wired connections but there is no checkbox for wireless. Anyone know what to do? Do I need to go the ndiswrapper route? Thanks in advance.