Re: [Question #53345]: Can't mount SD card reader

Turbocharger proposed the following answer:
I've had this problem on 8.04 and I solved it like this :

Open a terminal and type :
$ sudo cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.bak  -> makes a copy of fstab named '.bak'
$ sudo gedit /etc/fstab

Add the following line into this file (or edit it if it exists) :

/dev/sde1 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

NOTE : if you have many memory devices (CD/DVD reader, external HD, SD
card, usb key...), you can replace 'e' in '/dev/sde1' by a letter
greater than 'e'.

Eject the SD card and reinsert it -> automount should be OK now.

The cause of the problem is that there is '/dev/sdb1' by default in
Ubuntu eee 8.04 and in fact, '/dev/sdb1' is the SD card reader and NOT
the external cd-rom reader.

Add this line regardless you have a similar line or not (concerning
'/media/cdrom0') in your fstab, just to see if it solves your problem.

If the problem isn't solved by this solution, restore your original
'/etc/fstab' file :

$ sudo cp /etc/fstab.bak /etc/fstab