Re: [Question #55823]: ubuntu eee on Mobii

Rouben proposed the following answer:
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your problem other than what you
already know: Ubuntu-eee is optimized for eeePC laptops. Other laptops
may not work with it as well. Half the time hardware support isn't added
because the Ubuntu developers don't have access to the specific laptop
model, but since you own one, you could be of great help to Ubuntu
developers! I also encourage you to contact the laptop's manufacturer
and let them know that you would like to see Ubuntu on their laptops, in
fact you should also say that you are displeased with the version of
Linux that came with your laptop and that you'd much rather have Ubuntu
on it. This is the only way manufacturers will listen and collaborate
with independent groups like Ubuntu. If you know any other Mobii owners,
ask them to do this as well, the more the merrier!

In the meantime, may I suggest that you start a page on the wiki for your laptop model? Check out this wiki page on how to get started:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTesting