[Question #56470]: volume control stuck on maximum

New question #56470 on Easy Peasy:

I installed ubuntu-eee a couple days ago but the volume is stuck on maximum. I tried the old 8.04 fix but after i type in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base  options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-dig it tells me permission denied. I'm pretty sure i typed it out right because i've tried multiple times. Also whats the difference between ubuntu eee and easy peasy? I am really confused about that.

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.