Re: [Question #57004]: mobile broadband cdma connection step by step

Question #57004 on Easy Peasy changed:

Jonathon Hodges proposed the following answer:
Hi Mike,
I began here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothDialup

Supposedly it's far easier to do in Ubuntu 8.10 which is what the new
Easy Peasy 1.0 is based on.  If you can wait a week or so, it might be
worth waiting for the dust to settle on Easy Peasy, upgrade yourself and
then set up the modem then.

The new network manager has a special section which is sort of explained here:
http://tanere.blogspot.com/2008/11/mobile-broadband-over-bluetooth-on.html

I'm afraid i haven't managed to get it working yet on easy peasy, but I
did after a lot of battling get it working on 8.04.1.  I'm pretty sure I
will get it going again, but I haven't had the need to yet, as I'm not
traveliing with work at the moment.

I have the most trouble with my phone refusing to stay connected to the
eee pc.  Bluetooth file sharing was a bit flaky, even with 8.04.1.

Let me know what you decide to do, perhaps it'll help me out, or spur me
to look into it again myself.

Jon

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.