[Question #61770]: Problem with dial-up software

New question #61770 on Easy Peasy:

I want to use a USRobotics USB dial-up modem with my eee900 running Easy Peasy 8.10. I have installed gnome-ppp and wvdial. The modem dials correctly and gets a carrier signal, however, it is unable to connect to my account at Earthlink.

The same modem worked just fine with Xandros and it works just fine with one of my desktop computers running Obuntu 8.10 and the same dial-up software. There must be something in the Easy Peasy adaptation that conflicts with wvdial. I uninstalled both programs and reinstalled them with no results.

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.