Re: [Question #61770]: Problem with dial-up software

Question #61770 on Easy Peasy changed:

Spyderperson gave more information on the question:
The connection log looks perfectly normal through the submission of the
password. After my computer sends the password, the server says
"entering PPP session" and it gives an IP address and a MTU number. My
computer then says "looks like a welcome message" and then says "unable
to run /usr/sbin/pppd." Next, my computer says "check permissions, or
specify a PPPD  path" option in wvdial. conf. After those two lines my
computer is back to "looks like a welcome message". This routine is
repeated endlessly until the connection is broken. The server says
nothing after it gives the MTU number.

I can send a copy of the log if necessary, but I think these words are
the essence of problem.

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.