ubuntu-eeepc team mailing list archive

after upgrade to ibex, eeepc won't start anymore! :(

Hello friends,

I couldn't resist and thought i'd go for an upgrade to Ibex, as maybe it
would solve my wi-fi issues. The upgrade finished and then i clicked to
restart the system, after the restart everything worked fine until all of
the sudden the eeepc would restart once again, without me doing anything.
>From then on I can't start it anymore. I can log in via tty2 and tty3...for
example i log in and then start GDM via
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start

then the GDM login screen appears, but I can't type anything or use the
touchpad at all....the cursor just wouldn't move :(

I then restart the whole machine, and it's a vicious cylce, the machine
wouldn't start GDM by itself, and when i start it over sudo /etc/.... i'm
not able to type anything.

Please tell me this is not the end of the world, and that it's a known issue
:((((((

I really really really shouldn't have upgraded, but everything seemed to
work fine, so I don't know what the problem is. :(

damn my curiosity.

I'll appreciate any help! many thanks in advance!

Theresa

Follow ups