ubuntu-fridge team mailing list archive

IDEA: I Spy Ubuntu

Hello Fridge Editors,

An idea was raised today on a separate list by Jane Silber and I
thought I'd pass it along for consideration.

In the last few months there have been several blog posts as well as
emails to Ubuntu in which people going about their daily lives have
run across Ubuntu in public places. In a few cases we have pictures.

"What if we started a community meme to get people to send to the
Fridge photos of "I Spy Ubuntu" .  Theme isn't people's own use, but
rather places they run across it - e.g., the Sydney airport, that
hotel in
Vietnam (or wherever it was), a while ago there was a photo of it on a
Berlin train, etc."

If this is something of interest, we have at least three methods for
us to enable this:

1) I can enable the image gallery and we can write a post asking for submissions
2) I can create a new category and we can post images as they arrive
3) We can do a mixture of both: A post for each new find and then add
the image to the gallery for later viewing

Does anyone have any additional ideas?

I rather like this idea. What do you think?

Thanks,

Joey

--
Office: +1-303-800-6609, Skype: happyhacking, IRC: Rinchen