ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: hosting tournaments

This is the only half-decent clan-specific CMS I know of: http://www.clantiger.com

Wordpress + Plugins + Writing new plugins (for ladders, standings, etc.) might be a better route.

jason

Khalid Rashid wrote:
First off, thank you all who attended our first meeting yesterday! a lot of
good stuff came up there and hopefully they'll be realized in time for the
next meeting :-)

This mail is to discuss the idea, possibilities and problems with hosting
tournaments. The idea is to enable individuals to play in a tournament
against other individuals with the same skill level, and later on also let
teams clash against eachother and have both individual and group stats
recorded (with the
glou<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/glou/index.php?title=Main_Page>project?).

Before we go into hosting tournaments and such, is there any FOSS software
that keeps track of matches and tournaments, similiar to clanbase.com,
available? if not, do we have a webprogrammer who could write a system
similiar to that under a GPL license? A blueprint on launchpad could be made
to give a clearer idea of whats required in such software. I'll also see if
FSF have any intrest to aid or sponsor this idea in any way.

And on a side note: the ubuntu clan is taking shape. All of you who could
assist in creating and maintaining the ubuntu clan, please email me!

All the best,
Khalid "ẖālid" Rashid

PGP public key: BFC11F5F
- "In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity", Albert Einstein.