ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: [Launchpad-users] no interface to sign up for mailing lists other than launchpad.net

Reply in-line :-

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:12, VidA<svaksha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:54, shirish<shirishag75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>      It has been quite some time since I last reported it. There is
>> no interface to sign up for the mailing lists. For e.g. I wanted to
>> sign up for ubuntu-gaming mailing list. I found out I can only sign up
>> from launchpad.net like this
>> https://launchpad.net/~shirishag75/+editemails
>>
>> I like the old way better as I would get a monthly reminder as well
>> where I've signed up and it was just easier . Also there is a welcome
>> message whenever I join a mailing list. Here I haven't got a welcome
>> message also so don't know whether I've signed up or not.
>
> try, https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-gaming (if its the registered team
> name on LP).
> IIRC the intent was to allow teams using LP to easily setup their
> mailing lists without having to wait for approval. I dont use too many
> of the LP mailing lists so this may be incorrect.

Hi Vid,
            Ok. This makes sense but it also puts up barrier for
people who may not use launchpad.net.
>> Another thing, what about people who for some reason or another don't
>> want to sign up for launchpad.net but want to sign up for some mailing
>> list ?
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/ still exists.

It exists but it doesn't have the team or the list of the mailing
list. ubuntu-gaming is nowhere on the  http://lists.ubuntu.com