ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Beta Testing Plan

As part of our major goal of becoming an official recognized Ubuntu
flavor, I want us to participate in Ubuntu's Beta 2 testing and
release our Beta on Thursday when Ubuntu and the rest of the flavors
release. This is the last scheduled milestone before the final release
3 weeks later.

The next 2-3 days are all about ISO testing. That means we're mostly
just concerned that the installer works and that you get a mostly
functional desktop afterwards. You're welcome to file other bugs you
see or submit fixes; that's just not the #1 focus of the next 2 days.

I think we'll be fine by piggybacking off the Ubuntu ISO tracker.

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/238/builds

Read through the test cases there and report bugs if things don't work.

Here's our release notes page to list bugs that we're tracking:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ReleaseNotes/12.10Beta

I'm still looking for a QA Lead. The QA Lead ideally should have
plenty of in-depth knowledge and experience of Launchpad and
development of Ubuntu and GNOME. I guess there's not a lot of people
with that background with the interest of taking on this
responsibility, but I'm still hopeful! :) In the meantime, I'll be
taking on that role.

I don't remember if this has been mentioned on the list, but we also
have an IRC channel: #ubuntu-gnome where we discuss the development of
the Ubuntu GNOME Remix.

Jeremy

Follow ups