ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Installing Firefox

OK, so let us do this the good old fashioned way, list all the given
positive points to the browser you would like to see in the distribution?

Chrome/ium:
Out of the box web intergration features (google account)
Extensive array of plugins and extensions
Complies with Ubuntu open standards - Flash easily deployed to or comes
preinstalled with.
Ease of use and visual simplicity comparable to 'Web' (Epiphany)
Built in visual, technical and customization oriented features (GTK theme
selection, privacy, cloud, etc)
--Does not clash with the rest of the application set (visually at least)
Does not require dragging dependencies or modifying package descriptors
(stated earlier), nor is the Unity, or global-menu integration.
Good choice because Firefox is not a strict feature requirement to this spin
Provides robust settings sync over the web.