ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Enabling Ubuntu One in GNOME Remix

On 3 December 2012 19:21, Alfredo Hernández <aldomann.designs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't use it, but since we are supposed to bring a Ubuntu distro, +1 for
> Ubuntu One.

Out of all the official Ubuntu flavors, only Ubuntu and Edubuntu ship
Ubuntu One.

Personally, I really don't like the look of the Ubuntu One client. I
submitted 3 "look and feel" bugs immediately after the rewrite in Qt
became the default but those bugs have basically been ignored.

As far as DVD space goes, I don't think including Ubuntu One wouldn't
add much since other Ubuntu pieces already pull in Ubuntu One
libraries and we already have Qt libraries because of Ubuntu Online
Accounts.

Michael Terry, the Deja Dup (Backup) developer, would be a lot happier
if we included Ubuntu One as it make setting up automated online
backups very easy.

Jeremy