ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Where is "Language Support" and "Keyboard Input Method" setup? No ibus icon in system tray

Hi all,

There are actually two issues in my last email. One is missing "Language Support". Another one is no ibus icon/indicator in system tray.
For the first one, I have solved it by insalling "language-selector-gnome" package. This package is very important for setting up "Keyboard Input Method System". I guess this should be a bug in UGR. The package should be included in the installation.
For the second issue, I still can not find any answer.
This screenshot is from my UGR 12.10 fresh install with ibus-daemon running: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=44184
This screenshot is from some gnome 3.6 users who are not using ubuntu: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=44185
Is this a bug? If not, what to do to bring the language selector indicator back?

Thanks and Regards,
- sgon00